Our skin is the body’s largest organ, a hard working cover that does everything from protect against environmental assaults to eliminate toxins from the body.
It is a living map of your health. When you are ill, stressed, lacking energy or extremely tired your skin can appear dull, sallow or uneven.
When you are healthy and feeling good, your skin can glow. To have healthy radiant skin, isn’t just about what you put on your skin, it is also about what we put in our bodies too.
Here are a few tips for healthy, radiant skin:
- Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water. Include spinach, kale, celery, carrots, strawberries, cherries, pineapple and grapefruit in your diet. Snack on nautral mixed nuts instead of crisps.
- Have a strict cleansing routine that includes regular gentle exfoliation and moisturisers. Keep your hands clean, try not to touch your skin. Clean your phone screen regularly and wash your bedding at least once a week to prevent bacteria spreading on the skin.
- Apply sunscreen all year round regardless of weather and temperature. Be sure it says broad spectrum on the tube or bottle so you have protection from both UVA and UVB with a minimum of SPF30.
- Include physical activity in to your daily routine. This increases the blood flow to the surface of the skin, bringing oxygen and nutrients with it. Exercise also releases endorphins, which help lift our mood, helping to lower stress and anxiety levels.
- Rest well and get plenty of sleep, 6-8 hours a night is recommended for the body to fully rest. This is when the body naturally regenerates itself. A sleep deprived body will see its immune system compromised and its aging process visibly accelerated.
- Mind wellness, be aware of how you speak to yourself. Think positive, it is quite amazing how much influence our thought process has on our skin and body as well as our mind!
If you would like a complimentary 20 minute consultation face to face or via Skype, please leave your email address and I will be in touch.